Power your company with clean, reliable solar energy and intelligent all-in-one solutions.
From design to install, get a complete energy system from an experienced solar provider.
Predictable, long-term savings supported by the industry’s best 25-year panel warranty.
How Do Commercial Solar Panels Work?
How does solar energy work? What is the photovoltaic effect? This video overviews the typical commercial solar panel system components and how solar panels produce electricity. It even covers potential savings to your average electric bill.
The system design approach is beautifully simple: the more seamless the integration, the more reliable the result. From solar cells and panels to hardware, electronics and energy management, each component is built to interact seamlessly with the next to yield dramatic efficiencies and greater reliability.
Types of Solar Installation
Solar Carport Structures
Solar carport structures are a rapidly growing technology to utilize parking lots, parking garages and other unused open areas to generate solar energy when rooftop solar is not a viable option.
Rooftop installations put otherwise unused square footage to work for your business with a rooftop-mounted solar system that can quickly pay for itself as it lowers your monthly utility bill.
Ground Mount Installations
A ground mount system offers your business added flexibility when considering the best location for a solar array. Turn otherwise unused property into a power plant for your facilities.
Real-Time Solar Monitoring and Reporting
SunPower® EnergyLink® monitoring software provides detailed energy analytics on all of your SunPower installations - rooftop, carport and ground - along with monitoring your grid consumption savings jointly with SunPower Helix Storage.
Better Products Mean a Better Warranty
SunPower’s Complete Confidence Panel Warranty is the only 25-year Power, Product and Service coverage warranty that delivers more energy productions, reliability and savings over the lifetime of your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re ready to meet your commercial sustainability goals or want to boost your company’s bottom line, going solar can benefit your business in many ways. Here are some of the most common questions business owners ask when exploring solar options.
There are usually three primary reasons organizations choose to invest in solar:
- Financial benefit
- Positive environmental impact
- Brand elevation
If your business strategy aligns with any or all of these reasons, it probably makes sense to do more research about whether solar is right for your company.
Most companies focus on the financial benefits of solar. While solar may not be the right choice for everyone, many companies will see a significant increase in their bottom line, primarily with their utility bills. Here’s how:
- Paying a lower price for electricity by entering into a power purchase agreement (PPA)
- By generating free electricity by leasing or purchasing a solar system
- Reducing utility demand charges by also incorporating an effective energy storage solution
There are a few reasons why going solar sooner makes a lot of sense and can save you more money in the long run:
- Favorable policies and tax incentives for installing commercial solar panel systems that are currently available may not always be in the future. For example, the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) for solar is equal to 26% of the amount invested in an eligible installation (e.g., if you invest $100,000 in solar, you could receive a $26,000 tax credit). The ITC credit is scheduled to decrease to 22% in 2023, which is another example of why going solar sooner rather than later can benefit your business more.
- A commercial solar system can also turn those utility bills into a fixed cost and protect against the rising price of electricity. When you pair solar with a commercial solar storage battery, a facilities operation manager gains 24/7 control over their building energy usage. A solar plus storage system will also keep your power on during outages or whether events such as hurricanes.
- Current solar technology is quite advanced thanks to constant innovation over the last few decades. As a result, we’ll likely see the same fast increased efficiency rate of photovoltaic (PV) solar systems.
- Many well-known companies have already gone solar. For those who haven’t, it’s often because they simply don’t know the full range of benefits. The bottom line is the cost of solar makes it a highly viable money-saving solution.
- In other cases, some businesses may think their only option is to purchase a solar system outright and don’t know there are other financing options (such as leasing or entering into a PPA). As a result, business owners may believe they need to raise capital first or secure a loan.
Why Do More Businesses Choose SunPower?
SunPower has pushed the solar boundaries for the past 35 years and pushed the Helix even further to generate more solar efficiency to meet your needs. With the most effective solar panels in the industry, you can achieve your sustainability goals faster.
Put the days of energy disruptions behind you. SunPower® Helix® systems make the solar process simple with commercial energy systems designed to work together seamlessly. Fewer parts. Flexible designs. Faster installation.
Low electricity costs are one of the best reasons to go solar. Helix can give your business predictable, long-term savings with its industry-leading technology backed by the most comprehensive 25-year panel warranty.